Image Map

20 September, 2011

{Weekend Recap} - Journey, Make Room for Baby, Family Fun


Wow.  I feel like I've been away from blogging forever.  Not just blogging, but Facebook, Twitter, e-mail, Pinterest...the Internets in general.  I thought after 10 days of being focused on real-life I'd miss these things but I didn't (that much).  I felt it ironic and timely that my friend Ashley would post about the same feelings towards finding Internet balance that I was having this week.

Because we were so busy LIVING our lives, I hardly captures anything on film my digital camera.  Sorry!


What exciting adventures have we been on???

Sunday night Eric helped kicked off the year for our parish youth group.  My Sunday night schedule is now free (hooray part-time!) so I could take pictures of the party.  This is one of my favorites of all the adult volunteers, affectionately known as "The Core Team"



Last Monday we went to the Braves game to celebrate our friend Sarah's birthday. Happy Birthday, Sarah!

Tuesday night Eric and I had a date to go grocery shopping, which also turned into a dinner date at a Mexican restaurant. Hooray, corn chips!

Wednesday was some much needed girl time at book club, where we discussed Tina Fey's Bossypants Most of us really enjoyed it, especially those of us who have watched 30 Rock religiously, or those who used to watch her on SNL. My favorite chapter was "Dear Internet" - she mimics the candor/sarcasm with which I wish I was allowed to reply to emails. Amen.  Did you read it? What'd you think?

By Thursday we were ready for a little R&R, but no rest for the weary - our apartment was is a disaster and it was is desperately time to "clean all the things".  I put away all the Summer decorations and brought out the Fall ones.  It's wasn't a super thorough cleaning, but it's probably one of the last deep cleanings we'll have before baby comes.

And then Friday came, and with it brought my brother, David and his wife, Paige and their little nugget, Zachary from Savannah.  I took a half day off from work so I could get my last pre-baby hair cut and visit with them before we went to see Journey and Foreigner in concert.  Yes, my parents bought the 4 of us and our plus ones tickets for Easter.

We had a mighty fine tailgate complete with beer pong (for those who could partake).  Can you pick out which ones my siblings are?

The concert was so good! We knew almost all the songs and had fun people watching.  Eric and I left about 30 minutes early.  I was exhausted and we had an early morning.


PS: It was like 60 degrees and overcast. What the heck, Georgia?!

And then Saturday came!!!  My mom sent Paige and I out for pedicures - Thanks, Mom!  Paige insisted that I get a caterpillar on my big toe to match the baby's room.  Random, but I did.  Didn't the nail artist do a fabulous job?

I quickly rushed to meet Eric for our last week of Bradley classes where we played "coaches" vs "moms" in birth Jeopardy.  Seriously, I haven't laughed like that in forever.  The boys won! Can you believe it?  It must have been the extra points Eric earned for demonstrating with the doll three breast feeding positions....  (And now he's probably going to kill me for posting that tidbit on the Internet).

After class wrapped up we grabbed smoothies from Whole Foods (mmm) and headed to my parents for our first baby shower!!!  Details will be in their own post, but incase you haven't seen the photos on Facebook...we had a Very Hungry Caterpillar themed shower.  Hence why Paige insisted on the caterpillar on my toe!

Here's a little teaser of the shower:


Sunday morning we sorted through all our new baby loot, assembled the crib and washed all the crib bedding all before teaching Confirmation class, going to Mass and Eric staying for youth group. I visited my friend Jenny, who is about to pop with her own baby!!!

Yesterday I had lunch with a girl friend that I hadn't seen since high school graduation over *ahem* ten years ago. So fun!

Last night I literally sat on the couch and did nothing. NOTHING!  Eric worked on his homemade kegerator.

We randomly decided to get serious about choosing a name for our baby.  We narrowed our list of 50 "likes" to 30 "let's discuss furthers" though we did settle on two in particular that we're going to try out for a while this week.  One is old school with a trendy nickname and the other is a top contender except Eric's cousins just used it (how soon is too soon to recycle family names?)!!!  Aren't these hints more annoying than helping you guess what we'll name her?

So here we sit late on Tuesday night.  I took a walk (I am admittedly jealous of Rebecca and Alyshia having had their babies and are now training for the Savannah half!) and a nap after work and ate cereal for dinner.  Eric worked late and is diligently working on his kegerator again. Whew.

How's your week been?  I've missed you :)

2 comments:

  1. Busy, Busy Mama!!!! We got our books! So excited (prayers start now).  I have decided that something that will help us both learn more about our finances is to switch roles....he will be in charge and I will be told what I can spend until January.  I am teaching him everything tonight...wish us luck!  My hope is that this will make us work together in the future since we both will know all about where our money goes...rather than just one.  Can't wait to start reading and putting into action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the busiest person I know! I went to the Journey concert a few years ago when they were here with Def Lepoard. Amazing! Miss you, but I'll see you this weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! We'd love to hear from you!