Image Map

25 September, 2011

Fiesta! - My Girlie Baby Shower

I am blessed to work with a wonderful group of women at our parish.  Two of us are paid employees the rest of the them are generous volunteers.  We have had varying degrees of duties at the church, or availability as volunteers, but our friendship has remained strong for five or six years now.  One of the joys  of our sisterhood has been throwing wedding and baby showers for each other.

Yesterday the girls threw me a baby shower. Like my family, we have fun coming up with a theme for the shower, my favorite being the "tailgate" theme we did for Natalie when she was pregnant with Anthony.  For my shower, the girls threw a mexican fiesta, complete with virgin strawberry daiquiris and a delicious spread of wheat-free foods: nachos, tacos, guacamole, pineapple & strawberry salad.





 For dessert they served these little devils....cannolis...which they insisted were "dessert tacos" haha.  They were not wheat free, but when no one was looking I had half of one.  MMmmm :)




On to the party games!  We filled in the nursery rhymes.  Tricky Tricky.  My mom is a librarian and she didn't even get them all.


And then we put our creative writing skills to use - good thing many of us in the room were bloggers and or youth ministers and good and making up stories :)  We were given a list of baby related words and random words and we had to work them into a story.  Think third grade spelling homework assignment, "Use all your spelling words in a story"


The stories were pretty funny...most of them included mishaps of Eric taking care of the baby.  Poor Eric.

And the afternoon came to a close with lots of treats for Baby Ninjalina.  The benefit of a girlie shower for a girl is all the PINK and GLITTERY gifts.  Eric and I registered for all gender neutral & practical stuff, so these gifts took me pleasantly by surprise.  Hair bows, dollies, zebra print shoes, flowers, and piiiink!  Of course, some practical gifts were thrown in, like our diaper bag (yay!), bottles, jammies, teethers, and nursing gear.












It wouldn't be fair to include a series of my "awkward party / excited face" without including all the guests' "yay, more pink stuff!!" face ;-)







The guests were sent home with a personal size daiquiri mix and a recipe card to make your own at home.  Brilliant party favor!


Many, many thanks to these girls for the wonderful shower! I had a great time and I love knowing how well outfitted baby girl is thanks to your generosity!

PS:  Special thanks to my sister for being the party photographer :)

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! We'd love to hear from you!