Image Map

16 November, 2010

Beaufort, South Carolina

Pardon the total slacking on blogging.  I haven't kept up my promise to blog ever Tuesday for about three weeks.  Life has been just a little crazy insane with work.  Fortunately, last week I took a few days off to spend with my grand parents in Highlands, NC, thus missing another Tuesday blog. Anyway, without further ado, here's a little catching up from three weeks ago:

Eric's great aunt and uncle, who are basically "grandparents" to Eric and Leeann, have retired to a precious town in South Carolina.  We've visited them once a year since I've been "serious" with Eric.  And they come to Atlanta as often as they can.  It was great with the weddings last year to be able to spend so much time with them.  While we were there, Eric and I went on bike tour, and well as a family walking tour.  By tour I mean "hey, lets go for a walk".  Of course, we had to watch the ND game, since Uncle Jim is also an alum (but let's not talk about the results).  We went to Mass and had a lovely dinner at the shrimp docks.  Oh and yes, this is where they filmed parts of Forrest Gump.  And yes, they had just about every type shrimp on the menu!


One of the marshy docks in town.

Family fun under the tree in Aunt Jo & Uncle Jim's yard

Quiet possibly my favorite photo I've taken (completely untouched!)

Downtown Beaufort.

Family time on the water




As always, a good time was had in Beaufort.  It's always so hard for me to leave a town on the water.  I think only people who grew up on the water really understand the love of the ocean.  I am blessed to have family (albiet extended and in-law) who are so welcoming to share this love with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! We'd love to hear from you!